Post-Hurricane Support for Credit Unions
With the impact of Hurricane Sandy being felt across New York and the entire east coast, there is certainly significant damage to many communities. The Credit Union Association of New York is here to help credit unions, coordinate assistance, and marshal resources within the credit union community.
The Association will continue to contact credit unions to assess the impact, and encourage you to reach out to the Association and keep us informed of the storm’s impact on your credit union and the members you serve. You may contact either…
- The Association’s Member Services helpline (800-342-9835, ext. 8546 / firstname.lastname@example.org); or
- Tracy Conner, VP of Member Relations (800-342-9835 ext. 8107 / Tracy.Conner@cuany.org).
The following disaster relief related resources are available:
- TwinState, an IT and Communications solutions & support company, is offering impacted credit unions assistance with communications, phone systems, voice communications, and IT needs. For more information, contact Devi Momot at 518-563-7100 or Devi.Momt@twinstate.com
- The email marketing CUSO DigitalMailer, Inc. has offered its communication suite of email, text and voice services to New York credit unions free of charge. For more information, contact Ron Daly at (703) 733-0339 ext. 102 or at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Directions CU, a large credit union based in Ohio, is offering assistance in the form of recovery efforts including supervision to direct dryout, and startup operations at branches. The credit union has shared they have staff that can help oversee recovery work, keep contractors on target, and know shortcuts that can sometimes get a branch online quickly with permanent repairs following later. For more information, contact Hank Pohr at 419-526-7840 (office), 419-564-8297 (cell) or HPohr@directionscu.org.
- NCUA’s notice on activating their disaster relief policy and toll-free consumer assistance hotline: http://www.ncua.gov/News/Pages/NW20121030DisasterRelief.aspx.
- NCUA has also announced that grants are available to low-income credit unions impacted by the Hurricane to help restore operations and fix facilities. For more information, please visit the following link: http://www.ncua.gov/News/Pages/NW20121030Grants.aspx.
Credit unions impacted by Hurricane Sandy can contact CUNA Mutual Group Disaster Response Team: (800) 356-2644
- Michael McKinley – ext. 6656737
- Jim Vosberg – ext. 6658961
- Barr Nemec - ext .6656644
- Rose Motelet – ext. 6658490
- Mike Retelle – ext. 6657618