Webinar: How NCUA's New Fair Lending Exam Procedures Affect the Frontline
Every employee who interacts with members must understand the basic requirements of Regulation B, which prohibit discouraging a member or potential borrower. Could your credit union be selected for a fair lending exam based on an HMDA outlier, fair lending violations, general compliance risks or other risk factors? What do you need to know to assess your fair lending risk? This webinar will cover it all.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- How to respond when a member asks, "Do you think I'll qualify for a loan?"
- Questions you can and can't ask and comments that could discourage
- What if you deny a member's loan request?
- How to handle a discrimination complaint
- Taking and processing an application
- The three types of discrimination and the nine prohibited bases
- The latest fair lending "hot buttons"
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT with a risk assessment template, checklists for preventing common lending compliance mistakes, an analysis of NCUA checklists and best practices.
Who Should Participate:
Compliance officers, auditors, loan officers, loan assistants, loan administration staff and others who interact with members regarding loan applications
About the Presenter:
Susan Costonis, Compliance Consulting and Training for FIs
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer, as well as a gettechnical inc associate trainer. She specializes in compliance management, along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Most of her 32-year career was spent as a banker in several areas, including lending, marketing, electronic banking, compliance, community reinvestment and senior management. She has written numerous training manuals and successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC and Federal Reserve. She is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager and regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states.