Association Online Nominations Center
Welcome to the Credit Union Association of New York online nomination center. We are excited about your interest in pursuing a leadership role within the Association! The below details information on the elections, nomination process, CUANY Director position description, and nomination form. We look forward to hearing from you!
ASSOCIATION BOARD OF DIRECTOR ELECTIONS
In accordance with the bylaws, 4 Association Director positions will be filled at the June 22, 2014 Annual Meeting. The positions are divided in the following asset categories:
|ASSET TIER||NUMBER OF DIRECTORS|
|up to $25m||1|
|$25m - $100m||1|
Directors elected at the 2014 Annual Meeting shall hold office for a term of three (3) years.
If you would like to make a nomination for a vacancy, please take the following action:
- Nominations should be submitted online or mailed/faxed to the attention of the Office of General Counsel at the address listed below; and
- The nomination should include a statement by the nominee stating that he/she is qualified, agreeable to nomination and will serve if elected to office; and
- The nomination should include a statement that the nominee's credit union agrees to nominate the individual; and
- The nomination should include a statement of the nominee's qualifications and biographical data.
The foregoing requirements can be satisfied by either submitting the online form or by submitting a prinited version by using the form contained here. All nominations must be received by the Association by April 23, 2014. Printed nominations can be mailed or faxed (518/782-4285) to the Credit Union Association of New York, Office of General Counsel, 1021 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany, N.Y. 12205 - Attention: 2014 Elections. Faxed nominations should be confirmed by telephone (518/437-8236) with the Office of General Counsel.
Please keep the following information in mind as you consider your nominations:
- A nominee must be an individual from a credit union that is a member of the Association.
- A nominee for Association director must be a chief executive officer, next level senior manager or voting director from a credit union that is a member of the Association.
- The position description for an Association director may be found here: CUANY Director Position Description
- A nominee for Association director may only seek nomination in one asset category. No nominee will be listed on the ballot in multiple categories.
- A nominee may run for a Chapter council and Association director position simultaneously.
- Nominees elected to the Association board of directors will serve their entire term in the asset category for which they were elected regardless of whether the credit union they represent has changed asset categories during the individual's term.
- A credit union's assets as of the most recent September NCUA 5300 Call Report will be used to determine the asset category a credit union represents for Association director elections. For example, ABC FCU’s assets as reported in the September 2013 NCUA Call 5300 Report will determine ABC FCU’s asset category for the 2014 Association director elections.
If you have any questtions regarding the above, please feel free to contact the Association's Office of General Counsel at 800-342-9835 ext. 8236 or via email.