Statewide Scholarship Program
With the Credit Union Association of New York’s annual, statewide Scholarship Program, your credit union or chapter can offer college scholarships to deserving young members. Scholarships are awarded in the amounts of $500 and $1,000, enabling the next generation of leaders to achieve their dreams of a college education.
This program is an exciting example of the credit union “people helping people” philosophy in action. In 2013, we awarded $24,500 in scholarships to 37 students across the state!
- Oct. 11, 2013: Deadline to register and submit payment for the 2014 program
- January 31, 2014: Deadline for students to submit applications to credit unions
- Feb. 14, 2014: Deadline to submit completed scholarship applications to the Credit Union Association of New York
- April 2014: Your credit union will receive notification regarding 2014 winners and awards.
How to participate:
- Review our program brochure for complete details and registration instructions.
- Submit your credit union/chapter’s registration form (found in the program brochure) and payment by Oct. 11.
- Promote the program using the following free tools:
- Scholarship application print form (to be printed/copied and distributed to applicants; completed forms should be returned to your credit union)
- Scholarship application online form (to be shared with applicants electronically)
- Memo to applicants (to be distributed with applications)
- Promotional poster (PDF format, 22x28) Note: Your credit union will receive two 12x18 printed posters by mail once your registration is processed.
- Promotional flyer (print-quality PDF format)
- Web banner
- Web button
- Sample newsletter article
- Sample news release
- Sample letter to Schools
- Sample letter to sponsor groups/SEGs
- Best practices
Collect completed scholarship applications directly from eligible members and submit them to the Association by Feb. 14, 2014.
Credit Union Association of New York
1021 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Albany, New York 12205
Watch for notification in early April regarding our 2014 winners!
Offer your own scholarships!
If your credit union or chapter would like to offer your own scholarship(s) as well, we’ll provide you with a list of your credit union’s top 10 applicants for a nominal fee. Please see the program brochure for details.
Students apply for the scholarships directly through their own credit unions.
Need assistance? Simply contact our member services team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 342-9835, ext. 8546.