Young Professionals Commission Membership Information
The Credit Union Association of New York's Young Professionals Commission is currently looking for candidates to serve a two-year term. Candidates and their credit unions are asked to review the Member Job Description and Credit Union Expectations prior to submitting a nomination form.
The deadline for 2014 nominations has passed. To find more opportunities to get involved, be sure you are a member of the Network.
Member Job Description:
- Members must be employed by, or volunteer at a Credit Union Association of New York member credit union
- Members should be age 35 or under at the time of their nomination
- Members will act to help ensure the sustainability and growth of the credit union movement in New York State
- Members should have a strong interest in or be currently engaged in credit union advocacy, outreach, education or volunteerism beyond their current job role
- Members will participate in conference calls and attend in-person meetings, including those held at state GAC and Convention, as well as applicable Chapter events
- Members will commit to actively participate on at least one Commission project including, meet-ups, the newsletter, the website and any new programs or projects that may arise
- Members will be limited to one representative per credit union
- Members are limited to serve two, two-year consecutive terms
- Membrs who reach their 35th birthday before the end of their term, will step down from the Commission the June that follows their birthday
Credit Union Expectations:
By nominating a credit union employee or volunteer to the Credit Union Association of New York's Young Professionals Commission, the credit union agrees to provide their nominee with the tools and resources (ie: monetary and time) needed to fulfill their duty on the Commission as outlined in the Member Job Description.
The Credit Union Association of New York's Young Professionals Commission is charged with the development of strategies and practices that will assist the Association and credit unions in recruiting young adults as employees and volunteers, as well as to develop and promote young adults into positions of leadership within the New York credit union community. For more information, please contact Allison Barna at (800) 342-9835, ext. 8134 or email@example.com.