The Point: May 3, 2013
CFCU Community CU has been awarded the Key Contributor Award from United Way of Tompkins County (UWTC). The award recognizes longstanding supporters of the organization. CFCU Community CU was honored April 26 at the UWTC Annual Campaign Celebration.
About Recognition Round-Up:
Credit unions and/or credit union leaders receiving a significant local, state or national award are encouraged to complete and submit the Credit Union Announcement Form for recognition in The Point and on the Association's Facebook page. Photos and related press releases may also be attached with the form. Note: Announcements regarding an award received from the Association (e.g., Dora Maxwell, Louise Herring, Desjardins Awards) do not need to be submitted.
Alloya and CenCorp complete merger, select board
The merger between Alloya Corporate FCU and Central Corporate CU is complete, and the combined corporate is now providing investment, financial, lending and correspondent services to more than 1,400 member-owner credit unions in 10 core states.
Under the terms of the merger agreement, the corporate's board was expanded to include 11 members-including two New York credit union leaders. Leanne McGuinness, SVP/CFO of The Summit FCU, is serving as board treasurer, and Curt Cecala, CEO of TCT FCU, is serving as board secretary.
Notably, Progressive CU COO Charles Rogers is leading the corporate's supervisory committee as chair.
For more information, view the related news release.
Association's May webinars kick off today
The Credit Union Association of New York is offering 11 educational webinars this month, with topics ranging from compliance to technology to industry trends. All webinars will be led by nationally recognized instructors and may be accessed live, on demand and/or on CD-ROM.
Live webinars will begin at 3 p.m. on the dates indicated below. For more information about a specific webinar or to register, visit the Association's Events & Education calendar and choose the appropriate date.
The May lineup includes:
- May 2: Effective Contract Negotiation, Review & Management: 5 Things Vendors Don't Want You to Know About Contracts;
- May 7: IT Crisis Management: Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery & Incident Response;
- May 8: (Director Series) Understanding the ALLL for Directors;
- May 9: How to Properly Complete & File Financing Statements;
- May 14: Legally Handling ATM & Debit Card Claims Under Regulation E;
- May 15: Line-by-Line Loan Review for Consumer, Commercial & Residential;
- May 16: Compliance at Account Closing;
- May 21: FFIEC Guidance on Cloud Computing: Considerations for Credit Unions;
- May 22: The Branch of the Future: How Branches Will Serve Members Who Don't Need Branches;
- May 29: When is an Item Payable? Stop Payments, Return Items & More; and
- May 30: How NCUA's New Fair Lending Exam Procedures Affect the Frontline.
CUNA Regulatory Advocacy Report (CUNA member log-in/registration required.)
CUNA Legislative Update (CUNA member log-in/registration required.)