The Point: June 20, 2013
Convention photos now available on Facebook
Photos from the Credit Union Association of New York's 2013 Annual Meeting & Convention are now available on the Association's Facebook page. Additional photos will be added to the album in the days ahead.
Association offering 10 educational webinars next month
Each month, the Credit Union Association of New York offers a diverse lineup of educational webinars. Ten webinars are scheduled for July, with topics ranging from compliance to governance to liability issues.
All webinars will be led by nationally recognized instructors and may be accessed live, on demand and/or on CD-ROM. Live webinars will begin at 3 p.m. on the dates indicated below.
For more information about a specific webinar or to register, visit the Association's Events & Education calendar and choose the appropriate date.
The July lineup includes:
- July 9: Handling ACH Origination Exception Issues;
- July 10: Collecting Decedents' Accounts (Consumer Debt Resolution Series);
- July 11: Internet Fraud Claims: Who is Liable?;
- July 16: Simple Guide to Asset Liability Management That Everyone Can Understand;
- July 17: Avoiding Loss at the Teller Line;
- July 18: Interagency Appraisal & Evaluation Guidelines, Including New Requirements Effective Jan. 18, 2014;
- July 23: Compliance Rules All Staff Must Know (Red Flags for ID Theft, Bribery & Privacy);
- July 24: Business Writing Boot Camp, Including Submission & Critique of Your Own Writing Sample;
- July 30: Understanding & Utilizing Call Reports for Credit Union Governance (Director Series); and
- July 31: Complying with the Final 1073 International Remittance Rule (Deadline Oct. 28, 2013).
UsNet re-elects board officers
Four New York credit union leaders have been re-elected as board officers of Universal Sharing Network (UsNet), a CUSO that provides credit unions with access to more than 5,000 shared branches in and beyond the United States.
Chairman Mark Pfisterer, president/CEO of AmeriCU Credit Union; Vice Chairman Mark Welshoff, president/CEO of Palisades FCU; Treasurer Christine Peters, CEO of Family First of NY FCU; and Secretary Nancy Kasprzak-Whitmore, EVP of Niagara's Choice FCU, will each serve another one-year term on the UsNet board.
Pfisterer and Kasprzak-Whitmore were also re-elected to serve new three-year terms. The board is comprised of 11 New York credit union leaders and Credit Union Association of New York President/CEO William J. Mellin.
"We are pleased to move forward with such a strong group of leaders on the UsNet board," said Marc Inger, COO of UsNet. "As we work to bring the benefits of shared branching to credit unions, this group's vision and leadership will continue to shape our efforts."
UsNet, which is owned by New York credit unions and the Association, held its annual meeting and organizational meeting June 13 in conjunction with the Association's 2013 Annual Meeting & Convention.
CUNA Tax Exemption Advocacy Toolkit (CUNA member log-in/ registration required.)
CUNA Regulatory Advocacy Report (CUNA member log-in/registration required.)
CUNA Legislative Update (CUNA member log-in/registration required.)