The Point: Dec. 27, 2013
Association kicks off 2014 with 8 new webinars
Each month, the Credit Union Association of New York offers a diverse lineup of educational webinars. Eight webinars are scheduled for January, with topics ranging from e-statements to mortgage rules to fee income. To register or learn more about a specific webinar, visit the Association's Events & Education calendar and choose the appropriate date.
All webinars will begin at 3 p.m. on the dates indicated below:
- Jan. 8: Managing E-SIGN, E-Statements & E-Disclosures;
- Jan. 14: Real Estate Collections Under the New CFPB Mortgage Servicing Rules;
- Jan. 15: IRA & HSA Review & Update, Including DOMA Implications;
- Jan. 16: Fee Income 2014: Challenges, Issues & What’s on the Horizon;
- Jan. 22: Your Loan Member Has Died: Now What?;
- Jan. 23: Consumer Loan Portfolio Grading: Assessing Strengths & Mitigating Weaknesses;
- Jan. 29: Compliance for the Board & Senior Management, Including BSA; and
- Jan. 30: What is That Personal Tax Return Telling Me?
Each webinar will be led by a nationally recognized instructor and may be accessed live, on demand and/or on CD-ROM.
Young pros encouraged to get involved in 2014
Thanks to the Credit Union Association of New York’s Young Professionals Commission (YPC) and statewide network, there are countless opportunities for young professionals across New York to connect and grow within the credit union movement.
Credit unionists ages 35 and younger are encouraged to take advantage of the following:
- local meet-ups hosted throughout the year to promote networking and dialogue (see the Association’s event calendar for any scheduled meet-ups);
- YP Network email updates;
- the YP Network Facebook page;
- the YP Network website; and
- the YPC’s quarterly newsletter, available on the Association website.
To learn more about the YPC, visit the Association website.
Filene webinar will explore online measurement tools
Filene Research Institute will partner with digital strategy research firm Novarica to host a free webinar Jan. 9 at 2 p.m. During the webinar, credit unionists will learn how to interpret web analytics to improve digital strategy and how to take advantage of existing analytic packages. The presenters will also review web analytics vendors and products on the market.
The webinar will conclude with an overview of Filene's Digital Strategies solution, designed to help credit unions adapt to consumers’ changing shopping behaviors and enhance online sales.