Webinar: New Security Officer Training: Issues, Reports and Best Practices
Section 748 of NCUA's Rules and Regulations and Letter to Credit Unions #02-CU-12 specify credit unions' security responsibilities. Whether you're a new or experienced security officer or you perform the duties of Section 748 concerning robberies, burglaries and larcenies, this webinar is for you! We will review NCUA's requirements, security trends and best practices for credit union security officers.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Why a "security group" is necessary for your success
- Records that credit union security officers should keep
- What to teach your staff to ensure compliance
- Items to include/exclude in your written security program
- When to seek help from law enforcement, regulators or other security officers
- Where to obtain training for special security problems, like internal fraud
- Reporting to the board
- Choosing whether to use a Case Management System
Who Should Participate:
Security officers, risk management professionals, internal auditors, compliance officers and anyone who needs to understand the security function.
About the Presenter:
Barry Thompson, CRCM, Thompson Consulting Group, LLC
Barry Thompson is a security and compliance "guru" for a leading national training organization and regularly presents security conferences for trade groups. He has worked in the financial services industry for over three decades, holding the positions of security officer, compliance officer, treasurer, senior vice president and executive vice president. He has handled more than 900 security cases and has been involved with investigations and prosecutions at the federal, state and local levels.