Webinar: Consumer Debt Resolution Series: Advanced Collection Techniques That Reduce Delinquency & Loss
It's possible that 2013 could be the most difficult year ever to collect delinquent accounts. Financial institutions must find proactive ways to collect delinquent accounts, retain loyal borrowers and minimize losses. This webinar will provide advanced collection techniques, tools and methodologies to effectively reduce delinquency, avoid loss and maintain borrower loyalty.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- What makes a good collector?
- 10 collection best practices that yield positive results
- Effective methodologies that overcome difficult delinquent borrowers
- Changes in collection philosophies that will assist collection personnel
- The 3 most important collection communication skills
- Structuring collections to improve productivity and reduce delinquency
- How to improve oversight of the collection function
- The mechanisms that convert delinquent borrowers to paying borrowers
Who Should Participate:
Collection officers, collection support personnel and management, loan officers and lending personnel
About the Presenter:
Bruce Hull, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
With more than 30 years of lending experience, Bruce Hull is a sought-after speaker in the areas of lending, collections and sales. He has served as the VP of lending for two large credit unions, as the director of collections, as a lender in two banks and a savings and loan, as a lending professional with one of the nation's top credit union audit firms and as an expert witness in loan fraud and bond claim cases. Hull attended the University of Nevada in Reno and earned a Retail Banking Diploma from the American Institute of Banking.