Webinar: FFIEC Guidance on Cloud Computing: Considerations for Credit Unions
From a technology and cost standpoint, cloud computing can be a very attractive option for credit unions. Unfortunately, assessing the risks and security of a cloud-based solution can be difficult and time consuming. However, this should not deter exploring these options, because the cloud-provider systems could be preferable to an in-house solution. This session will explore the security concerns credit unions need to consider when evaluating cloud solutions and how to assess them.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Due diligence: ensuring providers meet cost, quality, compliance and regulatory requirements
- Vendor management: creating controls to mitigate risks
- Audit: assessing whether a third-party servicer's internal controls are sufficient
- Information security: updating policies to fit the cloud-computing model
- Legal, regulatory and reputational considerations: identifying and mitigating risks
- Business continuity planning: determining whether a third-party servicer has resources to ensure continuity of operations
Who Should Participate:
Credit union decision-makers using or considering a cloud-computing model with service outsourced
About the Presenter:
Jeramie Stoner, Advanced Network Solutions
Jeramie Stoner has worked in the IT industry for more than 13 years and with Advanced Network Solutions since 2007. As the senior technology consultant, he leads the Solution Delivery Department in providing consulting and implementation services and is directly involved with the design, implementation, security and ongoing support of IT infrastructure for multiple financial institutions throughout Tennessee.