Webinar: Account Card Mistakes & How They Affect Members
How important is the account signature card that you have members complete? Believe it or not, that simple card is crucial! It defines the parties on the account and their rights. Coupled with the account agreement and disclosures, it creates a contract between your credit union and the accountholders. Using the wrong card for the type of account can lead to improper handling-even to the point of litigation. This important webinar will answer key questions that arise on accounts for minors, business and fiduciary accounts and regular consumer accounts.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- The account types available and when special account cards are needed
- The importance of properly completing the card before the account is opened
- Potential effects of not treating account cards like contracts
- Using account cards to help members and joint owners understand the different accounts your credit union offers
- Remedies for account card mistakes
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT with an account type guide and checklist
Who Should Participate:
Membership officers, new account representatives, branch managers, tellers, financial service representatives, compliance officers and anyone responsible for opening, closing or changing ownership on accounts
About the Presenter:
Mary-Lou Heighes, CUCE, Compliance Plus, Inc.
Compliance Plus, Inc. President/Founder Mary-Lou Heighes has been involved in the credit union movement since 1989, including five years working in credit unions and seven years with the California Credit Union League, where she provided compliance assistance and advised credit unions of regulatory changes. Since founding Compliance Plus, Inc. in 2000, Heighes has helped credit unions nationwide develop compliance programs and has delivered training and webinars throughout the country. She has also authored articles for Credit Union Magazine.