Webinar: Simple Guide to Asset Liability Management that Everyone Can Understand
Capital is king! While you may have enough capital at the moment, a key board and management function is to continually scan the horizon to determine if your credit union will continue to have enough capital under changing market conditions. Asset/liability management (ALM) is the term employed for the various tools and philosophies used to estimate future changes in capital. There is no single ALM method or best measuring system, because ALM is as much art as science. This webinar will look at various concepts, tools and measurements that credit unions use to help understand how changing market conditions may impact their capital.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Basic concepts of loan/deposit management
- How gap analysis can help estimate future changes in net income
- How computerized income simulations can help management
- NEV and its role in predicting risk
- Sample monthly ALM process
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT with a capital growth calculator template, a ratio monitoring dashboard template, an electronic training log and a staff quiz/answer key
Who Should Participate:
Directors, supervisory committee members, CEOs, managers and senior management
About the Presenter:
Tim Harrington, CPA, TEAM Resources
Tim Harrington is a Certified Public Accountant and president of TEAM Resources, a firm that provides consulting, strategic planning and training across the country. Since 1992, he has also taught lending personnel how to obtain monthly income from tax returns. As a faculty member of two CUNA schools on finance and tax, Harrington has consulted with, and provided training for, hundreds of financial institutions. In addition, he is the author of popular lending software Lenders Tax Analyzer.