Webinar: Business Writing Boot Camp, Including Submission & Critique of Your Own Writing Sample
Effective business writing is an essential skill for member communications, career advancement and business success. Your ability to write powerful, persuasive documents that command readers' attention, communicate your message and convey your leadership skills can help boost your credit union's bottom line and polish your professional reputation. Whether you are an entry-level employee embarking on a new career, a mid-level manager being groomed for leadership or a C-level executive communicating with decision-makers, effective business writing is integral to success.
This entertaining, instructional webinar is designed for credit union professionals who seek real and immediate improvement in their business writing. Each participant may submit one brief (two-page maximum) writing sample for review and editing by the presenter within 10 days after the webinar.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Communicating clearly, concisely and convincingly with internal and external audiences
- Writing effective emails, social media posts and business documents
- Delivering bad news, answering challenging questions and replying to troubling situations
- Writing for results, persuading even the most difficult readers to take the desired action
- The top three secrets of professional business writers
- Tricks for starting quickly and capturing reader attention from the first sentence
- The inverted pyramid approach to writing
- The ABCs (accuracy, brevity, clarity) of effective writing
- The real rules of grammar, punctuation, capitalization and style
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT with business writing handouts, hands-on exercises, a Business Writing Tips & Grammar RulesTM review, an electronic training log and a staff quiz/answer key.
Who Should Participate:
Anyone who writes on the job, from entry-level staff to credit union managers and C-level professionals
About the Presenter:
Nancy Flynn, The ePolicy Institute & Business Writing Institute
A recognized expert on workplace email policy, management and communications, Nancy Flynn is the founder and executive director of The ePolicy InstituteTM. The Institute is dedicated to helping employers limit email risks-including litigation and regulatory investigations-via policy, training and technology. Flynn is the author of several books, including The e-Policy Handbook and Writing Effective E-Mail, and has conducted onsite and online training for financial institutions and other clients worldwide.