Webinar: Complying with the Final 1073 International Remittance Rule - Deadline Oct. 28, 2013
The rule is now final! As of Oct. 28, 2013, all financial institutions will be impacted by the new CFPB 1073 international remittance rule (Subpart B to Regulation E). This subpart was established to protect consumers who initiate cross border money transfers, including wires, ACH (IAT), online bill pay, certain prepaid card loads and sweep accounts.
Don't let these changes put your financial institution at risk. Attend this webinar to learn about the recent amendments and their impact. All elements of the rule will be reviewed, including key requirements, practical considerations and preparation steps you can take to comply.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- The remittance transfer rule, new proposed amendments and expected effective date
- What qualifies as a remittance transfer, sender, recipient and "normal course of business"
- Disclosure requirements for prepayment, receipt and foreign languages
- Accuracy requirements, exemptions, sender cancellation rights and error resolution
- Preparation steps: developing policies, assessments and determining responsibility
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT with sample disclosures, an electronic training log and a staff quiz/answer key
Who Should Participate:
ACH operation staff, branch personnel, compliance officers and AAP candidates
About the Presenter:
Luann S. Kohlmann, AAP, NCP, WACHA
Luann Kohlmann's career in the financial industry began more than 25 years ago. Today, she serves as the director of education and as an auditor at WACHA (The Premier Payments Resource). As the organization's primary trainer, she is responsible for curriculum development and oversees membership education and development. She also conducts ACH Audits and Risk Assessments for member financial institutions. An Accredited ACH Professional since 2002, Kohlmann represents WACHA on the RPA Operations and Education committees.