Webinar: Putting the "Credit" Back in Credit Unions: Making Loans Members Want
The Great Recession caused many credit unions to become savings institutions. Loan portfolios lessened, and deposits increased. Credit unions have been busy taking deposits, collecting loans, handling back-office duties and meeting regulatory requirements. But how can we get back to helping people and making loans? Join us to learn the mindset and practices needed to make lending your entire reason for existence. This webinar will address concepts, steps and products that will get your credit union back into lending.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- An attractive mortgage product that members want (and that won't create ALM nightmares)
- How to repackage unsecured and signature loans to make them more attractive to members
- How to meet the needs of small borrowers profitably
- How to reenergize your staff to find new ways to serve members' borrowing needs
- How to measure, monitor and watch loans grow
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT with Lenders Tax Analyzer, an employee training log and a staff quiz/answer key
Who Should Participate:
Lending, marketing, member service and sales professionals, including chief lending officers, MSRs, FSRs, new accounts personnel, loan officers, loan underwriters, credit analysts, loan processors, branch managers, CEOs and other key lending staff
About the Presenter:
Tim Harrington, CPA, TEAM Resources
Tim Harrington is a Certified Public Accountant and president of TEAM Resources, a firm that provides consulting, strategic planning and training across the country. Since 1992, he has also taught lending personnel how to obtain monthly income from tax returns. As a faculty member of two CUNA schools on finance and tax, Harrington has consulted with, and provided training for, hundreds of financial institutions. In addition, he is the author of popular lending software Lenders Tax Analyzer.
- On Demand Link and CD Rom - Available Until March 31, 2014