Webinar: Detecting Counterfeit Items & Fraudulent ID
When an unknown member approaches the teller line, there are only three items tellers can use to detect fraud: the item presented, the individual presenting the item and the identification the individual provides. False identification, counterfeit items and scams that can fool an untrained person mean major losses for the credit union.
This webinar will teach you how false identification can be produced, while providing knowledge on how to analyze identification. Scams used by money mules or con-artists to rush staff through transactions will be included. You'll also learn tips and techniques to help determine if signatures on negotiable items were traced, forged or altered.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Which tools front line staff need to evaluate drivers' licenses
- Steps that should be followed to analyze identification
- High-risk documents that cause the biggest losses
- An easy technique to train new staff on identifying forged, altered or traced signatures
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT with online security resources, a quick guide on fraudulent identification, staff educational tools, an employee training log and a staff quiz/answer key
Who Should Participate:
Front line staff, tellers, platform personnel, branch managers, customer service reps and trainers
About the Presenter:
Barry Thompson, CRCM, Thompson Consulting Group, LLC
Barry Thompson is a security and compliance "guru" for a leading national training organization and regularly presents security conferences for trade groups. He has worked in the financial services industry for over three decades, holding the positions of security officer, compliance officer, treasurer, senior vice president and executive vice president. He has handled more than 900 security cases and has been involved with investigations and prosecutions at the federal, state and local levels.