Webinar: Mobile Payments for Credit Unions: Impacts, Choices & What to Do Next
In May, the Federal Reserve noted that financial institutions risk being reduced to nothing more than transactions processors if they don't leverage their unique advantage as trusted entities for consumer mobile payments. Consumers already conduct half their online purchases with mobile devices, and there will be 60 million mobile payments users by 2017, creating $1.4 billion in mobile point-of-sale volume. Some industry experts believe cash and credit cards will be replaced by smartphone payments within eight years. This webinar examines how credit unions will fare with the advent of mobile payments and discusses unique advantages that credit unions can leverage.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Wallets: mobile versus digital versus invisible
- State of mobile/digital payments: Durbin, EMV and mobile NFC
- Mobile payments: What's the big deal, really?
- Digital/mobile wallet review: what's working, what's not, what matters
- Mobile payments: what we know, what we don't
- How credit unions can win the mobile/data wars
- Best options for credit unions: what to do next
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT with an employee training log and a staff quiz/answer key
Who Should Participate:
Officers, board members, executive management and staff responsible for mobile banking and payments
About the Presenter:
Lee Wetherington, AAP, ProfitStars
As director of Strategic Insight for ProfitStars, a division of Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®, Lee Wetherington develops programs, presentations and articles designed to orient and educate financial institutions on the trends and implications of new technologies. He also delivers keynotes nationwide and serves as the Technology Faculty Chair for several regional banking schools. He has authored numerous articles for financial trade periodicals, including Independent Banker and ABA Bank Marketing.
- On Demand Link and CD Rom - Available until May 31, 2014