Webinar: Indirect Lending: Risks, Rewards, Controls & Common Mistakes
The shifting natures of the national and local economies, as well as the resulting impacts of the "great recession," have changed the way credit unions extend credit. It is more vital than ever to accurately determine who potential borrowers are and whether their capacity to afford a loan has been affected.
This webinar provides an overview of indirect lending differentiators, controls, issues and monitoring tips so you can identify risks and implement the necessary controls.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Indirect lending today and differentiators
- Overview of indirect lending issues and concerns
- Identifying indirect lending risks and determine necessary controls
- Effective and essential controls
- Control implementation questions for indirect lending managers
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT with links to NCUA's website, an outsourced lending relationship questionnaire, an employee training log and a staff quiz/answer key
Who Should Participate:
Management, indirect lending department personnel, internal auditors, supervisory/audit committee members and those involved in lending
About the Presenter:
Bryan W. Mogensen, CPA, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
Bryan Mogensen is an assurance partner at CliftonLarsonAllen LLP in Phoenix. For the past 19 years, he has gained extensive experience auditing credit unions, community banks and nonprofit organizations. As engagement partner, he is responsible for ensuring the work is performed as expected, reviewing key areas and reports, planning, supervising audit staff, etc. Mogensen frequently shares his knowledge through national speaking engagements. He is a licensed CPA in Arizona, California, Washington and Wisconsin and a member of the AICPA and ASCPA.
- On Demand Link and CD Rom - Available until May 31, 2014