Webinar: The 25 Most Important Things to Know about the New Mortgage Loan Origination Rule Changes Before Jan 10, 2014
An overwhelming number of new mortgage rules will go into effect this January. For more than two years, regulators have been handing down new rules, many of which have changed or been modified. This webinar will identify the areas of your credit union that may be affected, highlight available exceptions and explain the most important aspects of the rules.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Amendments to mortgage loan originator compensation rules under Regulation Z
- Ability to repay and qualified mortgage standards under the Truth in Lending Act
- Homeownership counseling requirements
- Appraisals for higher-priced mortgage loans
- Disclosure and delivery requirements for copies of appraisals and other written valuations under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- 2013 HOEPA rule
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT with a CFPB readiness guide, a CFPB small creditor qualified mortgage quick reference flowchart, an employee training log and a staff quiz/answer key.
Who Should Participate:
Mortgage loan officers, credit personnel, compliance staff, managers, auditors and attorneys
About the Presenter:
Stephanie Kalahurka, Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP
Stephanie Kalahurka's legal practice focuses solely on corporate and regulatory representation of financial institutions and financial service businesses. She has represented numerous public and private financial institutions in connection with mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, corporate governance and capital securities matters. Kalahurka formerly served as a bank examiner for the Texas Department of Banking. She has published many works on the financial services industry and served as an editor for The Banking Law Journal.
- On Demand Link and CD Rom - Available until May 31, 2014