Webinar: Fair Labor Standards Act: Sorting the Do's & Don'ts of Exempt & Non-Exempt Pay Issues
Understanding the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a critical function within human resources and payroll departments. The requirements are tricky, and not understanding or not following the regulations can have serious consequences. This webinar will cover the ins and outs of exempt versus non-exempt classifications, and all related payroll issues. It will also address independent contractors, Department of Labor audits and resources to help determine whether a position is exempt or non-exempt.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Exempt and non-exempt classifications and the rules for deductions, pay practices and more
- Ins and outs of independent-contractor status versus the employee-employer relationship
- A myriad of pay policies you will want to share with employees
- Surviving a Department of Labor audit
- How to review a job description to determine whether it is exempt or non-exempt
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT with sample pay policies, a self-audit checklist, an employee training log and a staff quiz/answer key
Who Should Participate:
HR administrators and payroll staff
About the Presenter:
Kay Robinson, SPHR, Robinson HR Consulting, LLC
Kay Robinson is the principal of Robinson HR Consulting, LLC, and has served as an HR consultant and practitioner for more than 25 years. Her experience includes 14+ years as director of HR Consulting Services with RSM McGladrey, as well as HR leadership roles at the University of North Carolina and the University of Rochester/Strong Memorial Hospital. A frequent speaker, she also serves as an adjunct faculty member at UNCW.
- On Demand Link and CD Rom - Available until May 31, 2014