Webinar: The 5 Definitions of a Qualified Mortgage under CFPB Rules Effective Jan 10, 2014
Archived Webinar Available Friday, November 22, 2013
(includes free CD-ROM)
In an effort to make the Dodd-Frank Act as far-reaching as possible, the CFPB has defined "qualified mortgage" in five different ways. Every credit union that makes mortgage loans will use at least one of the five definitions, and most will use more. With numerous new mortgage regulations set to begin this January, this webinar will help credit unions ensure their loan types are compliant and ready to go.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- The five qualified mortgage definitions
- The different requirements for each definition and their potential impact on your credit union
- Last-minute preparation suggestions
- Decisions that need to be made
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT with a document highlighting each type of qualified mortgage with information regarding the appropriate calculations, an employee training log and a staff quiz/answer key
Who Should Participate:
Loan management and underwriting personnel
About the Presenter:
Bill Elliott, Young & Associates, Inc.
Bill Elliott has more than 30 years of banking experience. As a compliance consultant and manager of the compliance division with Young & Associates, Inc., he works on a variety of compliance-related issues, including: leading compliance seminars, conducting compliance reviews, conducting in-house training and writing compliance articles and training materials. Elliott's career includes 15 years as a compliance officer and CRA officer in a large community bank, as well as working at a large regional bank.
- On Demand Link and CD Rom - Available Until May 31, 2014