Webinar: The March 2012 Deadline Has Passed: Do Your ATMs Meet ADA Accessibility Requirements?
Do your credit union's ATMs comply with the revised Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations that became effective March 15, 2012? Note: ATMs purchased before 2010 probably don't meet the new standards. The only compliance exception is if your credit union's compliance would result in an "undue burden"-a term that is specifically defined in the new regulations and is difficult to meet. Anyone who believes they have been subject to discrimination based on non-compliance with the ADA has the right to bring a private lawsuit against your credit union or a class action suit on behalf of all similarly-situated persons. In addition, the Attorney General can initiate an investigation or ADA-compliance audit.
About This Session:
This webinar will address the following:
- Detailed explanation of the general rules and the new specific ADA requirements for ATMs
- Practical solutions to help your credit union achieve compliance with the ADA requirements
- What to do if your ATM location is leased
- Understanding the limited exception and how to qualify for it
- How your credit union can analyze the ADA requirements and costs of compliance, and create a compliance plan