Webinar: Director Series: The Board's Role with the Loan Committee
Lenders rely on directors' input regarding loan decisions. In turn, directors rely on lenders to provide pertinent information that will support good loan decisions. This doesn't have to be a vicious circle. This webinar will provide strategies and tools to help directors obtain the information they need to make informed lending decisions and fulfill their responsibilities.
Note: Participants will receive samples of loan presentation summaries that make it easier to quickly understand the credit request, sample committee charter, sample exceptions reports and more.
About This Session:
This webinar will address the following:
- Developing a committee charter that defines roles/responsibilities
- Setting macro-risk parameters, such as desired product mix, concentration limits, etc., in tandem with management
- Reviewing loan production, asset quality reports and trends more deeply than the full board
- Exceptions to policy (individually with credit approvals and in the aggregate to assess overall lending within established risk tolerance)
- Good questions directors should ask when a loan is presented