Webinar: Completing the New CTR Line-by-Line: People, Businesses & Fiduciaries
The deadline for using FinCEN's new CTR is March 31, 2013. This informative webinar will cover the new CTR line-by-line, and you'll receive a practical guide with more than 50 examples of completed CTRs, from the simplest to the most complicated transactions. You'll also examine different types of entities, how to complete the CTR if any entities/people have deposits over $10,000, and how to handle special fiduciary relationships (e.g. UTMA, attorneys-in-fact, guardianships, etc.).
About This Session:
This webinar will address the following:
- Distinction between an amended and a corrected CTR
- Difference in aggregated and multiple transactions
- Your RSSD number and how to find it
- Documenting the branches where activity occurred
- How to complete a CTR for: IOLTA accounts, sole proprietors when an employee makes the deposit, single-member LLCs, joint accounts on deposits and withdrawals and living trusts
- Completing a CTR for multiple transactions when the parties are unknown
- What fields are required and what fields are not on the CTR?
- How to know if there is an error on the CTR
- What if the accountholder is retired and you do not have an occupation?