Webinar: Regulation E Alert: New Requirements for Consumer Foreign Remittance Transfers (Deadline Feb. 7, 2013)
If your credit union annually sends 100+ transactions internationally, you may have to make changes before 2013. The CFPB published this final rule to implement section 1073 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Dodd-Frank Act), which creates a comprehensive new system of consumer protections for remittance transfers sent by consumers in the United States to individuals and businesses in foreign countries. This webinar will address the new regulation and the compliance measures required of financial institutions by Feb. 7, 2013.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Who must comply?
- Broad definitions and their impact
- A breakdown of the regulation requirements
- Disclosures, forms and other documents you must use to comply
- Languages, exchange rates, fees and more
- Consumer rights in disputes and errors
- Sample policy, procedures and log for resolving errors