Webinar: Unfair, Deceptive & Abusive Practices (UDAAP): Is Your Credit Union at Risk?
Now that the CFPB is moving forward with enforcement activities, there is a renewed and sharper focus on business practices that are considered unfair, deceptive, or abusive (UDAAP). How can your credit union identify risks and protect against painful and costly regulatory enforcement actions, civil monetary penalties and reputational damage that accompany these issues? During this webinar, you'll learn best practices and practical management techniques to guard against the UDAAP.
About This Session:
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Defining unfair, deceptive and abusive practices in the context of CFPB guidance
- Case studies with practical examples of how to identify these types of practices
- Brief refresher regarding fair lending concepts and examination criteria
- Similarities between enforcement approaches for fair lending violations and UDAAP assertions
- Best practices for identifying red flags that may indicate activities qualifying under UDAAP
- Activities and practices to help identify and mitigate risks
- Resource materials to enhance programs and processes to protect your credit union